Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Late-Breaking Prayer Requests and Announcements

PRAYER REQUESTS Updated 11/30/2011

** Pray for long-time Texas peace officer David Criner as he seeks the elected office of Constable in Midland. Our profession is desperate for godly (Christian) servant-leaders.

** Ryan Pearson, son of Englewood (CO) PD Ofc. Jason Pearson, suffers from some pretty serious asthma issues (he was in the hospital over the weekend) and is in need of prayer.

** Please pray for a colleague in NM who is applying for an investigator position with the state (God's will and favor).

** From fellow FCPO National Board members Paul Lee and a Chuck Urgo: We received a call this morning from Fort Worth K-9 Officer Royce Hearne requesting prayer for his teenage daughter Casey. Casey has had many surgeries since childhood and may have cancerous tumors in her leg now. She will be having a full body MRI on Tuesday. She has always wanted to be a missionary to India. Royce and his wife have an older daughter, Eairn. Keep the whole family in your prayers. Royce is a former member of the FCPO national board.

Let's lift Casey in prayer!

** As many of you know, Angie Hays, wife of retired Denver PD Officer and current pastor and DPD Chaplain Manny Hays has been awaiting a life-saving liver transplant. News had been bad but we serve a great God! Yesterday a compatible liver became available and the surgery took place within hours. Angie is in recovery and doing well. Still long way to go and she is obviously in pain. Please keep our sister-in-Christ in prayer, pray for Manny (3 hours sleep), and for the family of the donor.

** Thanks for all who prayed for me ref. my teaching ("preachin") at last night's service at Calvary South Denver (message should be available for free download at www.calvarycsd.org).

** Be praying for all warriors -- foreign and domestic (military and law enforcement) -- who will be working this Thanksgiving! Then thank God for His blessings on this nation.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

** The Newsletter goes out in a day or two. That said, our own Jim Wattles will be teaching at this Thursday's "cop church" meeting at Calvary South Denver in Littleton staring at 1900 hours. In addition, Matt Wallenburg is home from his military training and will be joining us to lead worship!! Please join us (bring your spouse and invite a colleague)!

** From Commerce City Police Chief Phil Baca: I’m sorry to inform you that I need your help! You knew the law would finally catch up with me eventually and I'm going behind bars for "good". I
have been named as one of Commerce City's Most Wanted and I am scheduled to be locked up on December 1st at South Adams County Fire Department to help send 2 local children to summer camp in Empire, CO next June. My goal is to raise $1600.
Go to www2.mda.org/site/TR/Lock-Up/55-E4-657-DenverDistrict?px=1028971&pg=personal&fr_id=1790 to donate to my bail and help provide “the best week of the year” for a local child living with Muscular Dystrophy. Your donation is tax-deductible and will help guarantee me an early release! Thanks in advance for your help. Don't hesitate to call or email me with any questions.
Together we'll make a difference.
Phil Baca, Chief, CCPD

** From Mike Carter:
Dear Friends and Family,

I would like to invite you as guests to attend my graduation ceremony at Arapahoe Community College at 6 PM on Friday, Dec. 9th. I realize many of you cannot attend due to time constraints or distance. If you cannot attend, of course, I understand. This is more of an announcement to you “out-of-town’ers” rather than an invite. If you are able to, and plan to attend, please R.S.V.P. to me (ASAP at raidermike2005@comcast.net) so I can give a head count to our academy coordinator so they can adequately prepare for the reception to follow.

I have had a great time and did very well during the 17 week academy program. I am in the running for the “Big Wheel” award given to the academy student who scored highest in the driving portion of the training.

I hope to see you there! Don’t forget to r.s.v.p. for this event. If you are not sure if you can make it or not until the last minute and didn’t get a chance to r.s.v.p for this occasion, please feel free to show up anyway. I’m sure they’ll account for a few more than had r.s.v.p’d. They always do!

Sincere regards,
Mike Carter