Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This Week's PRAYER REQUESTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

PRAYER REQUESTS (updated 08/17/2011):

** From Mahnomen County (MN) Sheriff Doug Krier:
The trial for Deputy Chris Dewey's shooter starts tomorrow in Crookston. It has been a long time coming. Now, we have to relive it all over again. Let's keep Doug, his troops, Chris's widow Emily and the families in prayer!

** From Ofc. Jonathan Parker in TN:
Just a few days ago I forwarded you the update of Chattanooga Police Officer Harrison Santiago's visit to New York. It is with mixed emotions that I tell you that his mother passed away yesterday afternoon. I am very thankful for their visit, the pictures, the timing of it all, and the memories that they will now share. I still can't imagine the feelings he is experiencing. Please remember to keep him and his family in your prayers in the coming days.

Through your generosity and the assistance of others, we were also able to purchase the flight for his family to leave in the morning for the funeral. We will be working in coming days to assist his family with other financial and personal needs as we live out Galatians 6:2 - bearing the burdens too heavy for them to carry alone. Please pray that God will continue to provide and that the Holy Spirit will bring peace and comfort.
--
www.CoveredLawEnforcement.org
www.facebook.com/CoveredLawEnforcement

** From Chief Robert Dahl in Oregon:
Good morning Warriors!
Yesterday, Oregon State Trooper Colin Tracy was seriously injured when a vehicle fell on him, while he was assisting a motorist. He suffered significant facial fractures and other head injuries. Today, Colin is undergoing a long day (6-8 hours) of surgery, to repair some of the damage to his face. Please put Colin and his wife in your prayers today and in the coming long days of recovery!
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Van-falls-on-OSP-trooper-near-127753808.html

** Pray for a colleague in NM suffering from PTSD issues.

** Pray for a friend/colleague who just got laid off. Also for the wife of an officer who desperately needs a job to help pay the family bills (wisdom, godly stewardship, provision, etc.) and mortgage.

** PRAISE REPORT!! Little Elizabeth Jetton is going home to TN at the end of this month! Praise God -- and pray for continual progress/total recovery.
_______________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

(1) Yes, my email got phished/scammed (and no, I'm not stranded in Scotland -- although I would love to visit the land of my ancestors). The haggis is quite good, however! I'll post this week's newsletter online only so as to not double-up on emails.

(2) Check back frequently for more!